Monday, May 17, 2010

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I know there are a million recipes out there for cookies. And most of them are wonderful! I found this one YEARS ago on a grocery store shelf cookbook magazine. If I could give credit to the origin of this, I would. I promise! But I have no idea the name of the little magazine, and I have made a few tweeks through the years. But let me tell you this, they will be a staple cookie in your house after the first time you try them!!!

In these photos, my son is the cook! These are his favorite cookies and he loves to make them himself! And these are the kind of cookies that are even better after they cool!

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Here is the page right out of my personal cookbook for these cookies!
























Ingredients:
1 Butter Flavor Crisco Stick
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of granulated organic sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup warm organic raw honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups of organic flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups semi-sweet choc chips
OPTIONAL - 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
















Preheat your oven to 375.
Spray your pan with non stick spray! (I am using my oil mister!)
















Combine Crisco, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl.






























Beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until well blended.
















Beat in egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended.












































































In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Make sure all ingredients are well combined. I just use a large whisk for this.



























































Combine into the creamed mix, one cup of the dry mix at a time using an electric mixer at low speeds until well blended.














































Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired)






























Drop rounded TBSP 2 inches apart






























Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. It will absolutely ruin the cookies.

















10 minutes have passed!!! They are ready to come out!
















Put them on a cooling rack to cool. ENJOY!
(And trust me, you will!)













No comments:

Post a Comment