I know, for me, when I go to the beaches in South Carolina and there is any kind of festival, there is ALWAYS kettle corn near! And it is so freaking good, I can hardly stand it. Then, you get home you wish you had more. There may be a few stands around, but they are hard to find and when you do find them, the lines are FOREVER long. So, I decided to go on a hunt for a good recipe. I randomly found one online, and then sort of tweeked it to me and now I am sharing it with you!
Butter Flavored Oil
1/4 cup sugar (I use organic sugar, but you can use white or brown)
1/2 cup white popcorn
1.Cover the bottom of the pan with oil and add 3 popcorn kernels.
Not too deep, but enough for the kernels to be peeking out.
2. Cover the pot and place it on the heat. Set your flame to about 6 or just over medium heat. Make sure you shake these around while the oil is heating. When the 3 kernels pop, the oil is ready.
3. Remove the pot from the flame and add your popcorn kernels first, then your sugar on top of it. Then stir it VERY QUICKLY. (this is so important because the oil is hot and it will pop the popcorn quickly.) But make sure that you are getting the sugar good and mixed in with the oil and kernels.
4. Cover your popcorn mixture and place back on the heat. You need to shake the this intermittently almost the entire time it is popping. It may take a minute for it to start popping but shake it, put it on the heat, shake it, heat, etc, even after it starts popping. Great thing is its a mini workout! Burn a few calories before you eat a few! ;)
5. Transfer your popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle IMMEDIATELY with salt. I use a good amount of salt because the great thing about Kettle Corn is the sweet to salt ratio.
6. With your hands mix the salt into the popcorn while gently separating the kernels. It cools quickly, so you need to do this right away.
7. Now that is is nice and seperated, it is ready to eat!!!!!!
Seriously easy and most definitely worth the time!!!!!