At least this is what I'm calling it! Seriously, the best fall pasta, ever!!!
What you need:
500g of pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 sweet onion - diced
1 portion of cubed pancetta affumicato
(if you don't have that. Cut up 6 oz of thick sliced smoked bacon)
2 medium potatoes diced into small cubes
Punch of sea salt
1. Put a pot of water to boil, adding a punch of salt.
2. Put olive oil and red pepper flakes in a pan and turn heat to medium.
3. When oil is hot, add diced onion and blond.
4. Add pancetta to the onion and oil, stir continually until the pancetta is cooked fully. Then turn off heat and set it to the side.
5. Add pasta and potato to the now boiling water and cook it to the time indicated for the type of pasta. When I make this I like to use all the half open pastas I have. Some penne, farfalla, fusili, whatever you have!
6. Drain pasta and potato. Return oil, onion and pancetta to a medium flame, add pasta and potato. Mix it all together, turning good to coat the pasta in potato and oil. You want the potato to fall apart and coat everything.
7. Serve with oil and grated Parmesan (I like spicy oil) and ENJOY!!!