Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rosy's Peppers

The first time I had these I was floored. I really never thought of peppers as a side dish. To be honest, I never thought of peppers as more than something you may or may not put on a philly! Oh boy was I wrong. My friend Rosy is from Naples. She invited my family for dinner one night and served me these and I was hooked! I have been making them ever since. She was so sweet to walk me through the recipe so that I can share it with you all! 

What you need:
1 Red, 1 Yellow & 1 Orange Pepper (just because I love the color combo!)
Sea Salt
Olive Oil


 1. First thing you want to do is put the peppers in a hot oven for about 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven, then place them in a brown bag and close. I let them sit for about 20 more minutes. When you open the bag, the skins will just fall off! (If you are in a hurry and you don't mind the pepper skins, you can completely skip this step. This just makes them butterier tasting and some say, easier to digest)


 2. Once you have the peppers the way you want, open them, clean out the seeds and slice them length wise. I like them thinner, you may like them thicker. Any way you slice it, these are good! ;)


3. Add a hearty pinch of salt and probably around 3 Tbsp of Olive oil. 
(I say probably because I never truly measure this. It really just depends on how much olive oil you like. If I am making these to put on bruschetta, I put more olive oil, less for a side dish.)


4. Turn your stovetop onto a medium/low flame and cover and let them slow fry, be sure to turn them often. 


 5. I know mine are ready when they are slightly browned and super soft. Go ahead and taste one and make sure the texture is what you like! 


6. If you have extra, this is perfect to serve on Italian bread and serve as a side dish or a treat when a friend comes to visit. I also like to use this in an omelet in the morning or on sandwiches. It really doesn't matter, its good on everything and all by itself. I just store mine in a mason jar in the refrigerator. I would probably use them within 3 days. ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment