This is really a simple, delicious sweet snack.
Not only that, it is super easy to make, it is always a hit and you can do it with ANY fruit you want.
You could even use Nutella!
BERRY HAND PIES
Preheat your oven to 450.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15-17 min
2 or 3 boxes of Cold Pie Crust
4 Cups Fresh Berries
1/3 cup flour
Splash of Almond Extract
3 Egg Yolk + 3 TBSP water
Non Granulated Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
1. Put your berries in a bowl and rinse them. Then add your flour, sugar and almond extract and mix it all together.
2. Roll out the cold pie crust. Use something that is bigger than a biscuit cutter. I found the powdered sugar duster and it was the perfect size, so I used it! LOL
About the size of your palm is how big the circle should be. (You can do these as big as you want)
3. Put a teaspoon of the berry mix right in the middle of the circle.
4. Fold the pie crust over the filling. Press it down with the edge of you hand. Sort of warm it up so it sticks together.
5. With your fork, press the edges shut.
6. Now, put your 3 egg yolks and water in a small bowl and mix it together. Then brush it over each pie.
7. Get a handful of the sugar and GENEROUSLY sprinkle it over each pie.
8. Put them in the preheated oven (450) for 15-17 minutes or until they are nice and brown.
Take them out, line them up and serve them!
They are most delicious when they are warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
But they are wonderful by themselves and not warm too!
Any way you eat them, I GUARANTEE you will love them!
(This was my first time making them so they got a little messy, but they were still wonderful! I have made them since and have gotten better about not tearing the pie crust and getting the right amount of berry inside.)