Monday, June 25, 2012

Fried Pickles

You cannot fry these as fast as people eat them!!! It is a southern classic and I love it!

What you need:
Dill pickles (I like the ovals. Use which ever shape you like best!)
Save a 1/4 cup of dill juice
Corn Meal
Flour
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Black Pepper
Salt
1-2 Eggs
Milk
Ranch for dipping ( I use the lay's ranch for chips)

1. Heat your fryer.
2. Mix (with a fork) eggs, pickle juice and milk (in that order). Set this aside.
(I use 1 egg and a little more than 1/2 cup of milk for a large jar of pickles.)
3. In another bowl mix half flour, half corn meal, Lawry's, salt and pepper.
I don't measure the spices, but I am normally generous with the Lawry's.
4. Dip your pickles first in egg wash and then roll in the dry mix.
5. Drop the pickles one at a time so the oil doesn't boil over.
6. When the pickles are light brown, they are ready! About 5- 7 minutes.
7. Drain oil off on paper towels.
8. Serve with ranch and Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment