Wednesday, September 22, 2010

INSALATA DI FAGIOLI E TONNO

Basically that means white kidney beans and tunafish!!!
But let me tell you, the first time my husband made it, I was like, NO FREAKING WAY am I going to eat that. But, I got up my courage and tried it (its not so pretty) and I am here to tell you, it was MAMMA SLAPPIN good!!!!! (And that is REAL GOOD) And not to mention, it is PACKED full of protein and fiber! So you won't be hungry all afternoon!
Here is the recipe, with my husband as the star chef!

INSALATA DI FAGOLI E TONNO

Ingredients:
1 pkg tuna (6.4 oz)
1 can of white kidney beans
(you can make these and chill them in the fridge if you don't like canned beans)
juice of 1/2 lemon
Italian Parsley
Quarter of an onion (I hear red onions are best!)
Olive Oil
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper




























1. Drain the beans.

























2. Rinse the beans. (excuse the bowl and the coffee cup in the sink.)

























3. Transfer it to a bowl and break up the tuna into the beans.

























4. Rinse the parsley.

























5. Chop it up.






















6. Add it to the bowl.
(I did not put onions in mine, because this was my lunch and I wasn't feeling raw onions today, but this is the point you would want to add your finely diced onions to the mix!)

























7. Add olive oil.
I just put some on top of everything. I don't measure it. Put the amount that you would put on a salad.

























8. A a fat pinch of salt. =)

























9. Add in your black pepper (put as much as you want!)

























10. Squeeze in your lemon and mix it up!
































11. Of course, now you have to taste it! (That's the chef!)





































Here it is all pretty and ready to eat!!!
(What you don't eat, put in the fridge. It is DELICIOUS after these flavors have set together and are nice and cold! But eating it fresh is good too!)

























And here is our resident taste tester who LOVED this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment